Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday, March 17

This is going be a short one tonight. I called Dan this morning but he was gone to a Neurologist appointment. I didn't realize that he had one today, but I'm glad they're stay on top of things! I guess I'll find out what they said later.

I called Bobby Hackworth and left a message that I'd be bringing Dan home on the
24th. She called back to say that she'd sent over a nurse from Creekside to see what he needed when he got home. I sure hope we're not going to be dumped on by the VA again. I'm a little nervous that they won't really be of much help for us when Dan gets home.

Blessing!!! In the mail today there was a sweet note from Bill and Jeanne Nelson. They are Mark's parents and although Dan and I don't get to see them too often; weddings, baby showers, etc. some of our kids have spent quite a bit of time in their home with Mark and Laura. Well, Jeanne wrote this very kind letter and offered us a bathtub chair that she had bought for her mother but didn't need anymore. She offered to help in any other way we might need and I so appreciate her kindness. She also included some cash for us. I still cry when I think of it. It is too late tonight so I'll call her tomorrow. She mentioned that she was on her way to the temple and would put Dan's name on the prayer roll, too. WOW!! One of her last statements was "Life definitely mixes the blessings in amongst the trials." She's right. Life is full of trials but it's the wonderful people we know who bring the blessings; people like Bill and Jeanne.
Well, it's late and I need to braid Alisha's hair for her track meet tomorrow so I'll go and get that done. My bed is calling me tonight.
Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment