Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday, March 9 - Dalynn's Birthday

It's Tuesday night and it's getting later as it goes but I didn't want to go to bed without posting about Dan today. The bummer side of it is that I didn't get to talk to him again. However, I talked with quite a few other people about him.

I talked with Bobbi Hackworth, the Social Worker at the Pocatello VA and she was a big help. She said to let her know a few days before we bring him home and she'll send a team up to do a house assessment to determine what we'll be needing. She really seemed to know what she was doing and when I said, "You're good at this." She said, "Yap, I've been doing it for a long time." We talked about PT and OT therapy, respite care, home health care and something else that I can't remember right now. I think she'll really help us get things together when we know what we'll need.

I also talked with Beth Starr, the Social Worker at the Nursing Home and she said she'd get the applications for Home Health and Respite and Aid and Assistance going. She also said that at their meeting today they talked about Dan's progress and said the OT had him up working on balance and walking. They took another x-ray of his right arm/hand today but she didn't know the results of that yet.

I told her I'm looking at picking him up on the 24th of March if we can work it out. He can stay until the 25th but I think we'll try for the 24th and get him home and settled.

I came home from the pharmacy tonight to a wonderful, hot, yummy dinner from the Christensen's again. Can you believe it? I am blown away, but I'm full and happy.
Thank you so much!! Tessha say's Amy needs to start a cooking class and she'd sign up. I'll second that!

Some other things happened today, too, but I can't remember what they are. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

Anyway, this is what I have from today~ for now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment