Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday, March 25

I couldn't tell what day of the week it was most of today. It felt like Tuesday some of the time and like Friday some of the time. Some of the time I was right when I thought it was Thursday. I guess being back home with the Salt Lake thing behind us has stirred the pot in my head. I'm going to try real hard to remember that tomorrow is Friday and I don't work at the pharmacy again until Monday. Maybe by then I'll be straightened out.

It was wonderful to see and talk with Dan this morning when I got up. We had some things to take care of so it gave us a little time together. He is so patient waiting for help that it makes it all the sweeter to help him. I think I'm going to like that time each day. However, I am going to have to get up earlier to get it in before I leave. I'm so used to just getting up, taking care of me and going that this will require a little more time. But then, that's just what I wanted - more time with Dan.

The nurse from Creekside came over to assess Dan's needs today. Bless Tessha's heart for being here, answering questions and taking notes for me. I'm not sure how it will all works out, but I know it will. Dan is doing well enough that many of the concerns we had (wheelchair, widening the doors, etc.) will not be necessary. The PT will come tomorrow and see what we need for him to get around in the house. Thanks to Bill and Jeanne we now have a tub chair so bathing is going to work out good. We truly have been extremely blessed and we are forever grateful.

I'm off to bed now because tomorrow is Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for each of you! This is a major milestone to pass. Congratulations to Dan and each of the angels who have sat beside him to cheer him on in his progress. Great faith, humble prayers, and encouraging support do make a difference. We are many miles apart but, you are in our hearts and prayers everyday. Love, Margie

    ReplyDelete