Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday, March 15

Every week has it's Monday and today was this ones. I don't mind Mondays at all. Actually, it's usually the day I have the most energy. After that it starts to fade.

I talked with Dan this afternoon. I think it was more of a bother for the nurses because one asked, "Don't they have a phone in that room?" Without a phone, they have to get Dan up from the bed, in a wheelchair and take him to the phone. Then they have to take him back and put him back to bed. I know it's a hassle for them, but I really wanted to check on him so I asked them to get him for me.

He said his hand is waking up. He has feeling in all by the little finger now. However, it still really hurts him and he needs pain meds for it. He had OT therapy again today but he didn't say much about it. He did say that they had given him some pain meds last night and he finally got some good sleep. They haven't taken out the foley and catheter. I talked to them about taking it out last night before I left, but they are hestitant to do it. He had a fever today and I think it's probably from an track infection. He's battled them ever since he had it put in. I do wish they could take it out and get him on some antibotics for the infection. Perhaps I'm just impatient, but I am.

Before we hung up, he told me over and over that he loved me and thanked me a hundred times for my help. He said, "No matter if our plan doesn't work, please know how much I love you." That was kind of scary because I thought our plan was working and wondered what he knows that I don't know. Honestly, I don't know and he kept reassuring me that he loves me. I'll leave it there.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandy,

    You will always be in our prayers, dear brave friend. God loves you so much and truly has wrapped his arms around you because of your faith in him. Hang in there; trials here in this life are just the refiner's fire that purify the gold in us. You are pure gold!
    Dan is such a good man and will always be in our hearts for his good deeds, his love of all children, not just his, and his commitment to them and in their behalf, and the work he has done in behalf of those who have passed this veil (not just others, yours, but our family too). God bless him! No matter what happens in the future, Dan and all of us are in God's hands and He is with us even in our darkest moments.

    Love ya,

    Quata

    ReplyDelete