Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Feb. 9 ~ Luke's Birthday

My, the days are passing by quickly. It's almost been a week since we first got here. So much has happened and yet so little has happened. After we talked with the kids last night, Daniel went to the Baltimore/Washington Airport and tried to get a flight out. He spent the rest of the night there only to be told that the airport was shutting down because of the storm. From there he went on to work. One long day for him. Anyway, we appreciate all his efforts to get here. In time...

Will and Jenni called and they are driving over tomorrow and will be here in the evening. James and Elizabeth left Seattle today and went to Portland where they will trade cars with Rob (James' wonderful dad) and then they will come over tomorrow, too. They are going to go through Pocatello and pick up Seth.

Tessha is such a sweetheart to stay put there in IF and to help Alisha maintain some normalicy with school and all. Beside, Alisha has a date to the Sweetheart Ball on Saturday and hopefully all will go well so she can keep it.

Laura and Mark will come later if needed but for now will stay put in Arizona.
Kristi, Haini and Grace have been by my side non-stop and I am so grateful for their company. They help me see good things instead of worrying about the bad. I've loved having so much time with them and with the little ones. They make me smile!

Dan, well Dan's about the same today. There was a new crew of nurses and they felt they needed to give him more time to "wake up" before removing the tube. I appreciate their desire to wait and see. All things in time. Dan was warm to touch today and I love that about him. I would often put my cold hands or feet next to him and warm right up. He never told me I couldn't so I would. I also got to lay my head on his chest today and listen to his heart beat. When we both stand up my ear is just right at his heart level and I often would put my head on his chest just to hear it beating. It was good to do that again today, even if he was laying down.

Paunie called and I put the phone to his ear so he could hear her. Cornell also called and we did the same again. They will both be here tomorrow as well. So much family with us.

I have loved reading the emails or blog comments from so many wonderful friends. Thank you all for your prayers and love!! We will always be grateful for your kindnesses and thoughts.

When Alisha was born and having so many difficulties I was given a little yellow teddy bear magnet that says, "Tomorrow whispers hope." I still have that little bear and Tomorrow still whispers hope.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy, Mike and I just read what has been going on since Friday the 5th. We both cried and cried. I'm so sad and sorry for all of you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. We'll continue to watch. We'll be back in I.F. Monday the 15th. Know that we love you so much and are constantly praying for all. Love, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, my prayers are with you and your family. I have wonderful memories of spending time with your family in Paisley and going to girls camp with you. I hope you are able to find comfort in the blessings of the gospel and in your 10 wonderful children. I hope you know that both you and Dan are loved by many, even if you haven't seen them in years. Praying for all of you, Emma (Kings) Johns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. It's the kind thoughts, prayers and comments from such good friends as you both that helps.

    ReplyDelete