Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Feb. 18

This is the first full day for the past few weeks that I didn't spend entirely with Dan. I have to say that I missed him lots. I found my mind wandering throughout the day, just wondering how he was doing, if he was talking any more than before, eating on his own or just resting and getting better.

I did the regular school/pharmacy day and I will say it was good to be back. Everyone is so kind and I could feel their love throughout the day and evening. Although, I am really tired tonight and it doesn't help that I couldn't sleep much last night, I kept trying to figure out how I would be able to get back to SL soon.

I think I'll be able to take sick leave from school on Fridays and the pharmacy is going to let me work Mondays through Thursdays with Friday nights and the weekends off for a while so I can leave Friday mornings and be able to visit with the drs before they're gone on Saturdays. What wonderful places to work with the best people ever.

Tessha left this afternoon for SL. She took the Camary so she could get down there without going broke. I had a little money left from what the brethren gave me that morning so I put that with what little else I had and sent her on her way. She's staying with her good friend Linda F. I think she'll enjoy that visit, too. She will stay there for a few days through the weekend and then we'll decide what to do. I know I'll be going down at least by next Friday. Yeah!!

I just got a text from her tonight. She said, "Dad is doing good. He is resting, sleeping on and off. They pulled his catheter this afternoon, which means he is getting out of bed with help." That is great news!!! I'm so excited for him. I know he's wanted that ever since he woke up. That should be the last tube in or out. And to have him on his feet even for a few minutes is wonderful progress.

Thanks Tessha for letting us know all the good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's great. When we visited him WEd afternoon, he was trying to pull his catheter out then too, so I bet he is glad to have that out.

    ReplyDelete