Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Feb. 7


Sundays are usually wonderful days of Spirit and strength and today was no different that way. Luke gave me a beautiful blessing this morning and I felt the power of the Priesthood through him. What an amazing experience to have one of our sons give me a blessing. It makes me really appreciate their father who taught his sons well.
Afterwards, we took Spence over to Temple Square and showed him around, or rather he showed us all the things he wanted to see. It was fun to be with both of them. I'll include some of the pictures here.
When they headed down to Orem I went up to the hospital. Dan was restless and so they were giving him some pain medicine to help him relax. They were going to do a "Pic" IV, take out the catheter from the dialysis and do a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap) and they needed him to be still and restful for all those procedures. The catheter came out great, the Pic when in great and the lumbar puncture went good too. The Dr. said that the fluid looked clear but would have it tested for any infections.
Other than that, they don't know why he's not waking up and responding. They call him a "mystery".
There is the sweetest nurse here. Her name is Jutta and she's from Germany. She takes the most wonderful care of Dan and of me. She makes sure I'm fed and brings me food from their staff dinners. Today she brought me 7 layer bean dip and chips, lasagna, bread and a salad. Then later she brought over some chocolate cake and milk. She's always getting me ice water and she's the one who got me the room at The Kimball. She said if I come down next weekend she'd try to get me another room then, too. She has made it so nice to be there at the hospital everyday!
It was nice to have some time with Dan this afternoon. It was peaceful and while he slept, I was able to just sit there with him.
I don't know what's going to happen next but I'm at peace with whatever. You know, there's something to say about loving someone so deeply and knowing that you'll always be together in this life and in the next. Besides, when it's someone as good and brave as Dan is, it's also rather exciting.
I think Grace is coming up to stay with me until I have to go home on Tuesday. I sure do love my children and I so appreciate all the people that are remembering us in their prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment