Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wed. Jan. 27

Last night I would not have thought that I'm be writing another post tonight. But I need to record what happened today.
I came home from school and fixed Dad a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup but he hardly ate any. I don't think he'd eaten at all today. I thought he'd be pretty hungry, but he only ate a couple of bitefuls. He was worried because he had broken the toilet downstairs so I went down to see what I could do. It was lying on it's side and the water had leaked out. I think he had tried to stand up and had pushed too hard on the hand rails that are attached to it. Anyway, he had actually tipped it right over and pulled the toilet out of the bolts in the ground. It's going to take quite some work to get it back in place correctly. I need to look at the ring to make sure it's still good. I was able to sit it back up right but it's going to take a lot more than that to make it good. I work both jobs straight from now till next Tuesday night so I don't think I can fix it before then.

I called Dan from the pharmacy to make sure he was ok and had taken his evening meds. He hadn't and didn't think he would take them himself. I told him I'd get them for him when I got home later.

When I got home he was still upstairs in his chair in the living room and didn't think he could make it down the stairs again. He thought he'd just sleep in the chair. He was still worried about his toilet. I told him that I couldn't fix it tonight so he decided to stay upstairs. Alisha was kind enough to give him her bed and she went down to the family room. I don't know if this is going to be a permanant change or not, but we'll soon find out. I tried to help him up from his chair but he was so unstable that he wouldn't let go of the chair and I was left there trying to hold him up. When he finally let go, he was able to stand up but he couldn't more his feet for a long time. Finally, he inched his feet forward and with little more than 2-3" at a time we got him into Alisha's bed. I think a lot of the "freezing up" is from him not taking the carbadopa-levo. for the Parkinson's. The dr. told us that he has to stay on a pretty rigid schedule with it for him to be able to move much. I wish there was a way I could do this better.

It's 10:30 and I've been up since 5:30 so I'm going to bed now. It actually feels good to have Dan upstairs where I can get to him if he needs something.
Good-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment