Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Year Later


I've just reread all of the Dan Diary blogs and transferred them to word documents. I plan to burn a disk of them for Dan for Valentine's Day. It was amazing year full of ups and downs and with miracles all along the way; from almost losing Dan in this life to having him back well and whole again.
At his last Salt Lake VA appointment the Neurologist diagnosed "No Parkinson's and No Alzheimer's" Those were both incorrect diagnoses given because of the Lithium. The lack of absorption of the drug in Dan's body presented itself as symptom's of both illnesses. However, over the past year he has regained his health and most of his physical abilities.
I can't thank the Lord enough for returning Dan to us and for improving his life in the process. I am also so very grateful for our children who have stood beside us through it all. I have seen much growth and unity in our family over the year and I so appreciate having them as involved as they are. I think I can say that all of our testimonies have increased as we've come closer to the Lord, pleading for our husband and father.

I want to bear my testimony that I know our Father in Heaven knows us and loves us and is close as we travel through our earthly life here. He hears and answers our prayers in the way best for us. I know our Savior lives! I know He is our Mediator and He pleads for us before our Father. I know that through the Resurrection we can live again and that through the Atonement we can live in the presence of the Lord. Through the holy sealing power of the Priesthood we can live together as families throughout eternity. There is nothing I want more than to be with Dan and our family forever. And I am so grateful that we have lived together this past year and will enjoy more time together in the future. I bear this witness in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment: